Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rain rain go away!

This week marked our 12th egg from the chickens. We have now collected over a dozen wonderful eggs and the hens just keep laying more. We are up to 2-3 eggs a day.

This morning I was outside doing the weekend coop clean and getting the hens fresh food and water when it started raining. The hens were scrambling to get out of the run and into the hen house. Meanwhile, I am in the hen house scrubbing and cleaning. Tara came over and pecked me and the brush. Willow started whining at me to get out. It was a frantic dash to finish cleaning out the coop as I was getting more and more soaked by the rain. I hope the chickens know how much I like them ... but I think they are just annoyed at me for keeping them out of their warm enclosure as it was raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment